A warm welcome to Hartburn Primary School from the Governing Body.
Our role is to support the Head Teacher, Teaching staff, Teaching Assistants and most importantly our pupils.
We set high standards for all in our school.
The Department of Education sets out the role of a Governing Body as follows:
- to help the school set high standards by planning for the future and setting targets for continual improvement.
- to work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review.
- to exercise its responsibilities in partnership with the Head Teacher and staff.
- to make the school accountable to the public for what it does.
- to help the school respond to the needs of the parents and community.
- to be a critical friend to the school offering support and advice.
At Hartburn we are lucky to have a variety of members on our Governing Body chosen from the Local Authority, staff, parents and the wider community. They bring with them a myriad of skills; financial, strategic planning and a more direct input by supporting teaching staff within classrooms, all of which helps to make our school as good as it can be.
Our full Governing Body meets once each term, whilst the sub committees, such as Resources & School Improvement meet on a more regular basis. All of our meetings are mapped out at the commencement of the school year.
Should you have any questions for the Governing Body, please address them to me at the school office.
Chair of Governors